Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Fall Make-Up Essentials

Here in California the Fall weather is so unpredictable.  It can be rainy and cold one day and then extremely hot the next day.  My skin in Fall gets so confused, it will alternate from dry to oily.  I have found the perfect set of products for Fall.  The combination of these products will allow you to have a make-up look incorporating Fall colors and allowing your face to feel fresh and light, no matter what the weather is!

Moisturizier:

- It is important to moisturize your face, this will allow for a overall more 'flawless' look and help with that pesky fall dryness that our skin starts to have as it gets chillier outside.  

 
My moisturizer of choice is "Neutrogena's Oil-Free Moisturizer For Combination Skin"  This moisturizer is great! I use the 'combination skin' version because I have a mixture of oily and dry skin.  This moisturizer is perfect because it applies evenly and doesn't leave your face feeling sticky or greasy.  There are many different forms of this product for all types of skin types!

Foundation:

- For fall you want to use a foundation that is lightweight, but gives full coverage.  You also want to use something that has SPF in it because some fall days can be very sunny!


For fall, I use "Covergirl Natureluxe Foundation" I think this is the absolute BEST fall foundation.  It gives me overall great coverage and doesn't leave my skin oily.  I also love the fact that their is a little bit of SPF in it so I can feel protected from the sun.  

Powder:

- I like a light powder that can leave my face with an overall matte finish.  I especially enjoy this look for fall.  It is important to pick a powder that can give you good coverage as well as stay on even in heat or harsh winds.


My number one powder for fall is "Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder" I had read so many reviews about this powder and recently decided to give it a try and now I am definitely hooked! This powder allows your skin to have such a flawless and matte look.  It applies very nicely and doesn't get stuck in the cracks or blemishes in your skin.  

Eyeshadow:

- I absolutely LOVE the colors of fall, they are so warm and cozy.  Fall colors also happen to be my favorite eyeshadow colors to wear.  I love all the browns, bronze, and warm colors that all occur in fall.  They compliment every eye color and add for a nice "natural" look for fall.


The "Naked Palette" by Urban Decay is honestly the most PERFECT palette for fall.  I received this palette for Christmas last year and use it constantly, but my favorite eyeshadow combinations for fall always come from this palette.  I think this palette is great because you can do a nice fall eye for school and then glam it up with some sparkly bronze colors for night. It allows for nice and bright eyeshadow looks or for a more dramatic brown smokey eye.  Every color is very pigmented and stays applied to your eye all day, especially when used with an eyeshadow primer!

Blush:

- Blush is always an essential make up product for me.  I think it can add the perfect amount of color or glow to your look.  For fall I lean more towards creme blushes because I feel like they last longer through both warm days and cold days.  


I use "Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush" during the fall season.  I love this product! There are such a variety of colors to choose from.  For fall I lean more towards the warmer color and darker pinks.  This product applies beautifully to the skin.  It allows for a vibrant color without looking over the top.  They are very pigmented, so a little goes a long way.  This blush also stays put on the skin all day long, which is a big plus in my book!


These are my go to products for fall! They have helped me to create my perfect fall look and can be used for a simple day look or create a more extravagant night look.  Fall has so many beautiful color options and looks.  

Hope these products can help you to establish your essential "Fall Favorites" as well!

xoxo Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment